Sunday, August 9, 2009

1
Happy Birthday Coy.


Yesterday marked Coy's first birthday! 8-8-09. Remember last year, because I do clearly, 8-8-08, the sweetest birth date ever! Anways...

We did some celebrating with a cupcake, but couldn't go all out with the abscence of daddy. Tom was in The Black Hills with my dad, my uncle and a friend of theirs crusing around on motorcycles... ya know is was Sturgis week, right?! Now that he is home, I believe he is already looking forward to next year! BUT that is beside the point, Coy is 1!

It's crazy to think back one year. I remember it like it was yesterday. I was scared out of my mind that I would deliver our baby in our rented apartment! My doctors orders (because of the way my labor/delivery went with Coulter) were to not go further than a 10 mile radius of the hospital, and with one good contraction and I could be having this baby at home. Yeah, right! I seriously went to bed every night praying that nothing would happen and if it did that I would be able to make it to the hospital, which was only 1.5 mins away! HA.

Coy is 1 and with that comes many changes around our house. No more bottles! Introduced Whole Milk. No more rear-facing infant car seat! PTL! Less speed-crawling and MORE walking! Yup he's a walker now! A walker and a LOUD screeching talker! At times I wish I had ear plugs. Lots of hugs, snuggles, nibbles and kisses!

We love you Coy! Happy 1st Birthday!!

*tried to upload Coy eating his birthday cupcake, it failed, maybe later :(

3 comments:

Sarah said...

yea...happy birthday to Coy!

Chloe @ A Creative Call said...

Happy Birthday, Coy! We were thinking of you on Saturday.

Stephanie M said...

yeah! happy birthday coy!